- Avoid giving your room number to people outside
- It is better to pay the bus drivers in Pesos;
exact change is not necessary, the drivers will make change. Make
sure you have all your belongings with you before getting off
a bus or out of a taxi.
- Before getting in a taxicab, always ask about
the fare. Most hotels will have a list of official rates.
- Check the number of the taxi you take, it will
be helpful if you forget something or if there is an incident.
- Remember that you can only change Pesos back into
dollars at Money Exchanges.
- Visit the local markets for Handcrafts and artwork.
Practice your bargaining skills at: Kin-Huic, Coral Negro (Black
Coral), Market 28, and Market 23.
- Only buy silver at authorized stores.
- Carry an umbrella during the rainy season (Aug-Oct).
- Book tours only through known agencies, make sure
you have the name of the company, their phone number, address
and operating hours.
- Wear insect repellent to parks, ruins and caverns.
- Use biodegradable sunscreen. Protect our environment!
- Float through the lagoon on the AquaBus, where
you will enjoy Cancun's unforgettable sunset.
- Take a "Temazcal Bath" to be in touch
- Do not go parasailing if it is very windy.
- Ride or skate down the bike path, know as the
- Always make reservations for restaurants.
- Be at the airport 90 min. before your flight.
- Remember that at the airport there is a departure
tax, please verify amount with your travel agency or your airline.
|If you need any further assistance
please contact the concierge desk.